as part of a contract that allows you to browse the website, take part in the weekly Grognard.com Challenge, and participate in any
future feature or function that may be designed for the site.
the top of this page will be modified and our registered users who have provided a valid email address will be notified via email.
As part of Grognard.com's commitment to transparency and to address the requirements set forth by the new European privacy
By continuing to use the Grognard.com website as of today, May 25, 2018, you indicate that you have read, understand and
Under the GDPR you have the following rights as an individual regarding your personal information held by Grognard.com:
- Know exactly what information that Grognard.com has.
- Request a change or correction of your information.
- Request that your information be erased.
- Restrict our use of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Obtain your personal information in portable form.
- Object to our use of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Not be subject to profiling that has legal effects on you.
If you would like to request any of the above actions, have any questions or complaints about the way we've handled your personal
information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Grognard.com will make every effort to handle all requests, questions or complaints
within 30 days of receipt of your email.
What Information Do We Capture?
If you are an unregistered Grognard.com site visitor, Grognard.com does not capture any personal information about you at all.
If you are a registered Grognard.com site visitor, Grognard.com asks you only for the following personal information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- User Name
As of 25-May-2018, this information is only being used to record and store "Grognard Challenge" responses. The Grognard Challenge
is a weekly contest that challenges site visitors to guess the name of a board game, based on graphic images displayed on the site.
Grognard.com keeps track of the winners and losers and displays some of the historical data (Name only, and date/time of the guess).
In addition, respondents may add a short comment which is publicly available to all site visitors.
When you registered, you were also asked to confirm that you agreed to allow Grognard.com to store your name and email address and the other information
entered (as specified above). The confirmation also assured you that Grognard.com will *never* share your email address with any
third parties without obtaining prior consent from you, and that still holds true. At this time (25-May-2018), we have NO PLANS to share
any personal information with anyone outside of Grognard.com and its registered users.
There are new site features under development, such as the Grognard Game Plan, which would make it necessary for Grognard.com registered users
to share information with other Grognard.com registered users. Without this sharing of name, email and private messages and comments, the
Game Plan feature could not be built. If any additional information sharing is required when this new site feature is complete, all registered
Grognard.com uses the Google Analytics service to track site metrics such as the total number of site visitors,
the country and city where they are located, the most visited site pages, the type device used to connect to Grognard.com, etc.
For a full list of data dimensions and metrics captured by Google Analytics,
please visit the Google web site that lists these data categories. (note: this link is subject to change by Google, but a
quick web search will allow you to find the latest information)
Site Articles, Links, Documents and Other Submissions
Over the past 25 years of Grognard.com's existence, many gamers have voluntarily shared articles, links, and other documents
that may or may not contain personally identifying information. Grognard.com has no control over this content and it is assumed
that the person who volunteered the item or link implicitly grants permission to publish the document or link on Grognard.com.
Grognard.com does not claim ownership of any of the shared or uploaded materials however, by posting, uploading, sharing or submitting,
you are granting Grognard.com permission to use your submission in connection with the operation of the Grognard.com web site including,
without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and
reformat your submission, and publish your name in connection with the submission.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your submission. Grognard.com is under no obligation to post or use any submission
you may provide and may remove any submission at any time at Grognard.com's sole discretion.
Grognard.com website contains thousands of links to other websites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the control of
Grognard.com and Grognard.com is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site. Grognard.com is providing these links to you
only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Grognard.com or any association with its operators.
If you become aware of any illegal or objectionable material either on the Grognard.com site or linked to from the Grognard.com site,
please report it to email@example.com and it will be reviewed for possible further action.
Use of Share/Upload Feature
You agree that when using the Grognard.com "Share" function to upload information to the site you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless Grognard.com has specifically authorized such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Grognard.com that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Grognard.com web site or Share feature.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
Grognard.com has no obligation to monitor the Share feature. However, Grognard.com reserves the right to review materials posted to any communication service
and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. Communication services include the Share feature and any other current or future site feature
that allows you to publish or download information or content from the Grognard.com site. Grognard.com reserves the right to terminate your access
to any or all of the communication services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself, your family, or your children.
Grognard.com does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any communication service and, therefore,
Grognard.com specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the communication services and any actions resulting from your
participation in any communication service.
Grognard.com Email Notifications
Registered users of Grognard.com and other site visitors that have requested they be added to the Grognard.com mailing list
(maintained by MailChimp) will periodically receive Grognard.com email notifications. The most common notification is the weekly
Grognard Challenge kick-off notification that is sent at some point on every Sunday. Every email sent contains a link where the
recipient can request they be unsubscribed from the Grognard.com mailing list.
Grognard.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Grognard.com website and the related services
or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.